oTree Online Workshops
I give online workshops on how to develop experiments with oTree.
The workshops are aimed at people with no or little prior experience with oTree
and aim to teach people everything they need to know about oTree to
comfortably start developing and deploying their own experiments.
The details for these workshops are:
- Teaching Methods: A mixture of lectures, exercises and coding demonstrations
- Prerequisites: none
- Workshop Duration: 18-20 hours, spread across 2-4 days
- When: Approximately once every two month, if demand allows it
- Fee: €100, fee reduction / waiver possible if needed
If you do not see a signup form you may have to disable your adblocker.
The next workshop will take place on January 17th 18th, 20th and 21st, you can sign up here: here
oTree Workshops for Departments
I also teach oTree workshops for departments or research groups.
Those workshops broadly cover the same material as the online workshops,
but can be adjusted to fit the departments needs
(e.g. shorter / longer duration, advanced workshops for researchers with prior knowledge).
If you are interested in hosting a workshop at your department please contact me.
Material Covered in a Usual Workshop
- Introduction to HTML and CSS
- Installing oTree
- Developing a first simple experiment
- Experiments with multiple rounds
- Multiplayer experiments
- Template files and styling
- Attention checks
- Randomising the question order
- Server setup
- Understanding error messages
- Charts in oTree with HighCharts
- Images and videos in oTree
- oTree LivePages
So far I have taught workshops at the following Universities:
- CESS (Oxford)
- University of Insubria
- University of Zurich
- WU Vienna
- University of Hamburg
- University of Graz